Linked is a PowerPoint file that contains a summary of Chapter 10 of my book "We've Been Had". Just click on the highlighted link at the beginning of this entry to go to the presentation.
Hello Brighton, Michigan!
We’ve got nine days left until perhaps the most important election in our lifetime. After listening to Michelle and Trevor, are you as fired up to elect Mitt Romney as I am?
By the way, I loved Mitt Romney’s Sesame Street satire at a recent charity event. He said, “Barack Obama, brought to you by the letter ‘O’ and the number ‘sixteen trillion’”. Romney’s satiric reference to our national debt of $16 trillion highlights the sustainability crisis of the current administration.
It’s really ironic that radicals like Obama constantly harp about sustainable energy and sustainable environment, and yet his administration has led us to an unsustainable economic future called “the fiscal cliff”.
The reckless policies of the Obama administration are so unsustainable, that our grim situation is not even about politics any more. It’s not about left or right, or conservative or liberal. It doesn’t matter if you’re in the 1%, the 47%, or the 99% -- if the government can’t afford its life style, everything it promises is an illusion.
Let’s take a deeper look at how unsustainable Obama’s current path is:
1) Social Security is unsustainable if it isn’t fixed. The social security trust fund is an illusion of uncollectible IOU’s – it’s phantom $2.5 trillion in assets have all been lent to the general fund of the government and squandered on wasteful things like windmills and corrupt green energy companies. Payments into the program have been cut for political expediency. We need a leader like Mitt Romney who will stop lying to our seniors and who will courageously take the necessary steps to make Social Security solvent again.
2) The Federal Government’s finances are unsustainable, with its skyrocketing $16 trillion debt. In 2011 alone, the federal government borrowed almost 40% of its operating expenses. It borrowed from China, it borrowed from our children, and it borrowed imaginary monopoly money printed by the Federal Reserve. In 2011, the government borrowed $1.3 trillion, while only collecting $1.1 trillion in personal income taxes. Think about that -- to eliminate the deficit for just 2011, we would have had to more than double all personal income taxes, not just taxes paid by the rich. We need a president like Mitt Romney who understands finance and how to balance budgets, not a professional community organizer who only understands victimhood and class warfare.
3) How can we sustain a secure place in a dangerous world -- a world threatened by Islamic terrorism, Russian aggression, and Chinese expansion -- when the radicals in Washington drastically cut military spending to pay for transfers of wealth to union cronies and to people who don’t want to work? We are rotting from within as our enemies abroad grow stronger. We need a president like Mitt Romney who will exercise the first and most important responsibility of his office, which is to protect us from harm here and abroad. We need a leader who realizes that an apology tour and constant appeasement are not legitimate substitutes for a strong national defense.
4) Our civil society is unsustainable when 48% of the voters pay zero federal income tax. Today, we have more and more free riders in our society, and fewer and fewer people pulling the wagon. The percentage of people working in America is at a 40 year low, and the number of people on food stamps and disability are both at record highs. We need a president like Mitt Romney who realizes that prosperity is a result of people working and investing, and not a result of people taking handouts and condemning those who actually did build that.
5) Our freedom and individual rights will be unsustainable if the radicals in Washington are allowed to push us ever closer to Socialism. Socialism always leads to totalitarianism, because it is a philosophy based on force rather than freedom. Consider these threats to your freedom from an ever-expanding government:
- When the government transfers income from productive citizens to unproductive citizens, they essentially are taking hard-earned wealth with the implied force of the IRS and its power to imprison those who fail to conform.
- When the government takes over the health care industry, it will inevitably take over our behavior. It starts with regulating soft drinks and school lunches, it will never end.
- When the government takes over the energy industry, it will inevitably take over our behavior. It starts with regulating light bulbs and gas mileage, it will never end.
- When the government harasses small businesses with regulations and taxes and forced unionization, it begins the process of taking over the entire economy. It will never stop.
As Benjamin Franklin said, “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” The radicals in Washington are tempting America with the temporary safety of big government. In doing so, they are imposing on us an unending parade of unaccountable czars, unconstitutional executive orders, and other abuses of our individual freedoms.
We are frogs being slowly boiled in a pot of socialism. If we don’t stop the radicals, the middle class will perish, caught in a pincer movement between the poor, who won’t be able to pay for the government’s reckless spending, and the rich, who will simply find somewhere else to safeguard their wealth. We in the middle class will be left holding the bag.
Remember, every socialist country in history has devoured its middle class. We’re already seeing this happen in America: middle class wealth is down 20% in the last ten years, middle class incomes are down, the prices of food, gas, health care, and education are up, and middle class retirement savings are evaporating. The road to socialism will always lead to unsustainable government and unsustainable civil society. Just as Margaret Thatcher said, socialism is fine until you run out of other people’s money. It is truly unsustainable.
Ironically, we Americans already have a fabulous blueprint for a sustainable government and a sustainable society. It’s called the U.S. Constitution. That grand vision of our forefathers is the greatest blueprint for sustainable society in the history of the world.
But, the Obama administration wants to continue ignoring our Constitution and moving this country leftward – he calls it forward – toward socialism. So, let me ask all of you, are you ready to fight for limited government in America? Are you ready to fight to defend the sanctity of the Constitution? Like our forefathers, are you ready to fight for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? In other words, are you ready to deliver Michigan for Mitt Romney and fire Barack Obama on November 6th?
Let’s do this! Thank you.
Hello Plymouth Michigan!
It’s been three years since we first met here in Kellogg Park to help begin one of the greatest movements in American political history – the Tea Party. And we are only 7 months away from firing the most divisive, incompetent, and anti-American president in our history.
In the past three years, great patriots from our local communities have stepped forward to provide leadership and inspiration, like Rattle-With-Us leaders Maribeth, Sharon, Marco, and Tom, State Senator Patrick Colbeck, Reverend Levon Yuille, and two of our favorite talk show radio hosts, Matt Clark and Thayrone X.
Together, we Tea Partiers had tremendous success in 2010, electing 680 new champions of limited government in states around the country, and firing Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the U.S. House.
But, we have a long way to go, and we are still in grave danger. The left has been scheming for the past 50 years to impose Socialism on America. In 2008, they succeeded in electing a socialist president.
The radicals in Washington and their apologists in the traditional media have fought the Tea Party movement tooth and nail. First, they pretended we didn’t exist. But we didn’t go away. Then they mocked and ridiculed us. But we didn’t go away. Then they demonized us, calling us racist and extremist and putting us on terrorist watch lists. Still, we didn’t go away.
This reminds me of Ghandi’s words: “First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you…and then you win.” Now it’s 2012, we haven’t gone away, and we’re going to win back the U.S. Senate and the White House!
As we recognize Tax Day today, it is clear that this is a momentous time. Supreme Court Justice Kennedy put it perfectly during the recent hearings on ObamaCare. He declared that the individual mandate changes the relationship of the Federal Government to the individual in a very fundamental way. Essentially, the mandate is a tax penalty for doing nothing. It reminds me of the Beatles tune, Taxman: “If you drive a car, I’ll tax the street. If you try to sit, I’ll tax your seat. If you get too cold, I’ll tax the heat. If you take a walk, I’ll tax your feet.”
We patriots do not oppose paying taxes to support the few, legitimate functions of the Federal Government that are defined and limited by the Constitution. However, the government has strayed so far from the Constitution that it is arguably more abusive than the monarchy we revolted against over 200 years ago.
Most of what the government spends has nothing to do with its constitutional mandate. Today, 70% of government expenditures are simply transfers of wealth from Peter to Paul. Of the remaining 30%, very little is constitutional. There are entire departments, like Energy and Education, that should simply be abolished!
Vice President Joe Biden told us “it’s our patriotic duty to pay more taxes.” I say that it is our patriotic duty to remove tyrants like him from office!
The frightening thing is that today’s high taxes are not enough to satisfy the spending monster in Washington. Taxes only support 60% of government spending. The remaining 40% is being borrowed from China, from the Social Security Trust fund, from our children, and from imaginary creations of the Federal Reserve.
The radicals will tell you that they haven’t increased taxes, but what we borrow today is essentially a tax increase tomorrow, because the borrowed money has to be paid back.
Here are some ways to visualize our $16 trillion national debt:
- · Our debt is equal to $200,000 for every family of four in the U.S.
- · If you took 16 trillion one dollar bills and laid them end to end in a straight line, it would stretch from the earth to the sun 16 times!
- · Our debt is bigger than the annual economic output of China, Japan, and Germany -- combined.
- · A recent huge lottery jackpot reach $640 million. Our government borrows that much every 90 minutes.
- · In just three years, Obama has added more to our debt than the first 42 presidents added over two hundred years -- combined.
And we continue to borrow over a trillion more dollars each year. You can’t save a nation drowning in debt by taking on even more debt, any more than you can save a drowning man by throwing more water on him. John Adams warned, “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by sword. The other is by debt.” Our economic policies are robbing our children and grandchildren of opportunity. It is brutally immoral -- we are making slaves of our own dependents.
Who is going to pay this debt back? The poor won’t, because they can’t. And even if we taxed 100% of the income of everyone making more than $75,000 per year, we would still be in debt. As a result, the middle class is eventually going to be decimated by higher taxes or inflation – or both.
The sad thing is that our politicians do not have the courage to balance our budget. They don’t even have the guts to pass any budget – the spineless cowards have gone three years without a formal budget for our government, which makes us no better than a banana republic.
They lack the spine to cut spending. They lack the spine to reduce entitlements. They prefer to pander to their bases rather than to fix our problems. Foreign lenders are wising up to our political paralysis and are reducing their lending to us. They are starting to invest in gold and other tangible assets, because they are tired of their loans losing value as the dollar declines in value.
So, our politicians are doing what all cowardly leaders do – printing money and creating inflation. As a result, the price of everything is going up. Food prices are up, gas prices are up, and healthcare and education costs are skyrocketing. Economists are even starting to warn of Stagflation, a term coined in the late 70’s to describe the lethal combination of high unemployment and high inflation. This is just another indication that Obama is the political reincarnation of another failed President, Jimmy Carter.
The worst is yet to come. Every policy of Obama is geared toward transferring wealth rather than creating it. All of his solutions require more government, greater spending, and less liberty. All of his messages are framed in Marxian terms of class warfare. Government wealth transfer payments are now greater than the budgets of the defense, education, transportation, energy, and homeland security departments -- combined.
To make matters worse for the middle class, Obama is not only transferring our wealth to the poor, he’s transferring it to the rich! He has given trillions in bailouts to bankers, Wall Street moguls, and other cronies. Government workers are becoming rich with lavish salaries and benefits. 380,000 government employees make over $100,000 per year, double from when Obama took office! The suburbs of Washington are now the richest zip codes in America.
Ayn Rand said, “An honest man is one who knows that he can’t consume more than he has produced.” Sadly, we have become a country full of millions who do consume more than they produce, and they are voting for politicians who pander to them.
They are the “something for nothing” crowd. They are the Occupy Wall Street crowd. They have no respect for private property or hard work. There are more and more people climbing into the wagon, and fewer and fewer people pulling it. At some point, when there are more people riding in the wagon than pulling it, you end up like Greece.
Which would you rather build a nation with? People who value hard work, free trade, and self-responsibility? Or people who value entitlements, unearned income, and victimhood? Is it even possible to build a nation full of people like that? I’m afraid we’re about to learn the answer.
Thomas Jefferson said, “Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” We are at a dangerous tipping point. Only fifty percent of eligible voters pay federal income taxes. If the scale tips even further toward the socialists, they will eventually vote our wealth away.
That’s the essential issue in this election. Jefferson’s words in the Declaration of Independence are the most morally profound words ever crafted in a political document. We have a right to our life and property. We do not have a right to the life and property of our neighbors.
This fundamental social compact has made us the greatest society in the history of the world, and the most moral society in the history of the world.
Our national anthem declares us the land of the free and the home of the brave. But the radicals in Washington have betrayed this vision of America. Mr. Obama, I know you think this is the land of the dependents and the home of the cowards, but there are still a whole lot of people in America who disagree with you.
The first three words of our sacred Constitution are “We the People”. We the people are the masters of every single bureaucrat and politician in America. We can hire them and fire them, and a whole bunch of them deserve to be fired.
As with all presidential elections, the basic question is “Are you better off than you were four years ago?” Here are just a few examples of the many ways that the Obama administration has abused the American people:
- · Since Obama got elected, gas went from $1.83 to $3.95.
- · The median price of a home is down 31%.
- · 16% of the workforce is either unemployed or working marginal jobs.
- · Food stamp recipients have increased from 32 million to 45 million.
- · America's credit rating was cut for the first time in our history.
- · Our enemies have been coddled and our allies have been alienated.
- · Two socialist justices were appointed to the Supreme Curt, which alone is sufficient reason to fire Obama.
- · For the first time in our history, all Americans will be forced by ObamaCare to purchase a product from a third party. Thus, everybody must now prove that they are insured, but nobody has to prove they are a citizen.
Barack Obama, you have nationalized our healthcare industry, humiliated America abroad, weakened our borders, cut our armed forces, increased our dependency on foreign energy, increased our dependency on government, divided us by race, divided us by class, divided us by gender, indebted us for generations, propagandized our children, polarized our politics, and established unelected czars to regulate and harass us.
We patriots will not stand silent as you systematically dismantle the greatest nation on earth. For your crimes against the American people, you and your un-American administration deserve to be fired on November 6th, and that’s exactly what we the people are going to do!
To win this political battle, we need to recruit the votes of every like-minded relative, friend, and co-worker. In the name of everything that is exceptional about America, I challenge you to convince the political fence-sitters to get off their asses and help us rescue America on November 6th! Find a way to become warriors in this battle to fire the politicians who have betrayed our principles.
We have 100 senators, 435 congressmen, and 1 president. The problems in our civil society exist because these 536 politicians have forgotten our founding principles. Abraham Lincoln told us, “We the people are the rightful masters of the congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution.”
Given the disaster confronting us now, we have no choice but to follow Lincoln’s advice and vote the tyrants out of office!
Good morning Tea Partiers!
We have accomplished magnificent things in just two short years. Nationally, we regained control of the U.S. House, and fired Nancy Pelosi as Speaker. We won a record 680 new seats in state legislatures across America. In Michigan, we took control of the governorship, the legislature, the Michigan Supreme Court, the attorney general’s office, and the secretary of state’s office. In general, we reminded politicians that the U.S. Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution contain the greatest political concepts in the history of the world.
Our message of limited government and frugal spending is starting to resonate across the country. Many brave state governors are leading the charge, including Chris Christie in New Jersey, Rick Perry in Texas, and Scott Walker in Wisconsin. Remarkably, we are even seeing signs of bold leadership from Rick Snyder in Michigan.
Unfortunately, there is very little evidence of bold leadership at the federal level in Washington. Our leaders in Washington claim they are cutting spending, but so far, they have only cut 1% of this year’s $3.7 trillion budget. Cutting 1% out of a $3.7 trillion budget still leaves a $3.7 trillion budget. Their cuts amount to little more than a rounding error. And then they have the audacity to say that they can’t find anything else to cut! What nonsense! There are entire departments and agencies that are utterly useless and counterproductive. Eliminate them! There are 380,000 employees of the federal government who make over $100,000 per year, an increase of almost 50% in the last two years. Downsize them! The federal government has to stop spending money that it does not have!
Washington is borrowing five billion dollars per day. The $38 billion that they so proudly cut last week only eliminates 8 days of borrowing! It’s spit in the ocean and spit on our faces. It’s like trying to put a wildfire out with a glass of water. Let’s get real leaders in Washington who will take the responsibility of governing seriously!
Courageous political leadership will be necessary to solve our problems, particularly at the federal level. At the state and local level, fiscal reality alone will force political leaders to address their spending problems, because state and local governments, unlike the federal government, can’t print money, nor can they borrow it indiscriminately. Bankruptcy is a very real threat to state and local governments, if they do not get their financial houses in order.
Unfortunately, fiscal reality has not yet awakened in Washington. This is the great threat to our republic, and the great challenge for our limited government movement. I’m not afraid that the federal government will go bankrupt. I’m afraid because it can’t. Unlike our state governments, the federal government can continue to spend us into oblivion, until all of us taxpayers go bankrupt.
Here’s why Washington can stick its head in the sand and pretend it doesn’t have a spending problem, at least in the short run:
First, Washington can borrow money indiscriminately. So far, it has borrowed $14 trillion dollars, which is $40,000 of debt for every man, woman, and child. Our leaders have the biggest credit card in the history of the world. Unfortunately, the names on that gargantuan credit card are yours and mine and our children.
Second, Washington can print money indiscriminately. It has begun printing trillions of dollars out of thin air. It then buys its own Treasury Bills with this monopoly money, in order to maintain the illusion that we can afford our government life style.
But, the truth is that we can’t afford our federal government lifestyle. Washington’s obscene spending will end badly for all Americans, unless we change course quickly and dramatically. Here’s why:
1) This year’s budget is $3.7 trillion dollars. However, we are only collecting $2.1 trillion in taxes. We are borrowing the difference of $1.6 trillion. Thus, we are borrowing almost 40% of our spending. If the CEO of a private business did this, he would be fired. If we didn’t borrow $1.6 trillion from the Chinese and from our children this year, taxes would have to increase 75% across the board to eliminate this year’s deficit. That’s how far our spending is removed from reality. Looked at another way, every single taxpayer would have to pay an additional $1,000 per month, every month of the year, to cover this year’s deficit. That’s equivalent to a house payment, which is a good metaphor, because we have indeed mortgaged our future.
2) The worst is yet to come, because massive entitlement programs like Social Security, Medicare, and now ObamaCare have committed us to another $70 trillion dollars in future unfunded liabilities. There is nothing in the Social Security Trust Fund today, except a useless pile of trillions of IOU’s. The federal government has already borrowed and spent every penny of the Social Security trust fund on boondoggle programs. Because of reckless politicians, our retirement security is now dependent on the willingness of future generations to tax themselves to replace our earlier social security contributions that the government has essentially stolen.
3) Inflation will be the next major disaster because of the fake money that the government is printing to cover its reckless spending. Inflation caused by government printing presses is a direct tax on our wealth. The prices of food, gas, and other commodities have already started to spike, making us all worse off. The dollar is falling in value around the world. Even the Chinese, who are nervous because they have funded our outrageous spending with loans, recognize that we are on the edge of a cliff. One Chinese scholar recently declared, “Great nations fall because they turn their back on the principles that made them great.” America gave birth to the greatest political principles in history. It’s a shame that the Chinese know that, but our leaders in Washington don’t.
This is why things are incredibly challenging for our movement. It is not enough to just elect Republicans instead of Democrats. This is not about political parties. This is about nominating and electing true champions of limited government who will have the courage to make brutally difficult decisions. It would be a tragic mistake for us to become complacent and assume that America has been saved just because we elected some Republicans in 2010. We have a long way to go, and we are still in grave danger.
Our challenges ahead include electing more champions of limited government, like Rand Paul, to take control of the U.S. Senate in November, 2012. We need to fire Harry Reid as the Senate majority leader! We need to add more champions of limited government, like Paul Ryan and Michele Bachmann, to the U.S. House. We must also fire Barack Obama, the Community Organizer in Chief, whose mission thus far has been to grow government, impede business, and move us closer to socialism. We need to elect a champion of limited government into the White House in November 2012!
More than ever, America needs the energy and the vision of the Tea Party movement. We champions of limited government cannot rest until the leaders who spend like drunken sailors in Washington and in state governments have been removed from office. Some of our politicians got the message in 2010. Sadly, many did not. It is our mission over the next two years to make sure that every politician in America gets the message of limited government in 2012. If they don’t, we need to make sure that they get involuntarily retired, regardless of which side of the aisle that they sit on.
As we pursue this sacred mission, the media will continue to target us. Politicians who are frightened by the power of our movement will continue to target us. They will call us racist, even though we welcome all Americans to our limited government movement. They will call us extremists, even though we are simply advocating the fundamental compact of our country, the U.S. Constitution.
Ironically, the one thing that they will not call us is right, even though that is what we are. So, when the media and the frightened politicians attack us with outrageous untruths, let us draw courage and determination from the rightness of our cause. Let us heed the Civil War battle cry of Admiral Farragut, who declared, “Damn the torpedoes, and full speed ahead.”
2012, here we come.
Since this is a Tea Party, I’m going to get you riled up. Let’s start with this -- Federal government spending has increased 21% in the past two years. Let me ask you, have you all gotten 21% raises? Has the value of your house gone up 21%? Have your investments increased 21%? So tell me, are you ready to stop the insane spending by our government?
There are only 17 days until we begin the limited government revolution in America. There are only 17 days until we fire Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. There are only 17 days until we patriots have a lot more to say about what goes on in Lansing and Washington!
This is a momentous time. Just when we thought there were no more heroes, we discovered through the Tea Party movement that we the people are the heroes. Our movement has accomplished extraordinary things. We have fueled conservative activism and energy that seemed unimaginable just 18 months ago. We have reintroduced the concept of limited government into mainstream political discussion. We have taught nervous politicians that “We the People” is no longer a trite patriotic phrase, but rather the battle cry of an organized movement with tremendous clout.
And yet, the Tea Party movement has many important things left to do. First, we all need to vote in 17 days. Limited Government champions like Tim Walberg, Ruth Johnson, Bill Schuette, Bob Young, Marybeth Kelly, and Rob Steele need to get more votes than the Big Government apologists running against them. After this election, we need to actively recruit and support the next wave of limited government champions for 2012 and beyond. The Tea Party revolution is not just about one election; it is about fundamentally rejecting Big Government for generations to come.
For almost two years, the Tea Party movement has been warning America that many of our government leaders are dragging us down a deadly path that is contrary to our Constitution and our founding principles.
Let’s examine the cold, bitter reality of the predicament that these traitorous leaders have put our country in:
- · There is no money left in the Social Security trust fund. Every penny has been given to the general fund of the government, and it has all been wastefully spent. Now, the unfunded liabilities of Social Security and Medicare are greater than the GDP of the entire world! As baby boomers start to retire, the government will have to either raise taxes or cut their benefits. If the managers of a private pension fund did this, they would be thrown in jail.
- · The government is borrowing 43% of what it is spending this year. It is clearly living beyond its means. If a business did this, it would be declared bankrupt and its officers would be fired.
- · The federal government has 380,000 employees who make over $100,000 per year, an increase of 50% since Obama took office. We don’t need millions of overpaid bureaucrats in Washington watching over us and telling us what we can’t do. My six year old son needs babysitting. I don’t.
- · The U6 unemployment rate, which includes workers who have simply stopped looking for work, is now at 17%. It was 12% when Obama was elected. So, after trillions in bailouts and stimulus spending, the U6 unemployment rate is five points worse. The radicals are not only squandering our future, they are ruining our present. Guess which city in America has the lowest unemployment rate? Washington D.C.! Guess which city has the richest suburbs? Washington D.C.! The only things booming in America are Big Government and the production of purple SEIU shirts.
- · In the year 2000, Michigan ranked 19th among the states in per capita income. Today, we rank 37th. In just ten years, we have become a national laughing stock, and businesses avoid our state like the plague. Jennifer Granholm is probably grateful for term limits, because otherwise she would be fired by angry Michiganders in November.
- · In just four years, Obama will accumulate more debt than the previous 43 presidents combined over 233 years. His multi-year budget will leave us 20 trillion dollars in debt. If you lined up 20 trillion one dollar bills end-to-end in a straight line, it would reach from the earth to the sun and back 20 times.
- · 30% percent of personal income in America now comes from government transfer payments of some type. America is becoming a nation of dependents and freeloaders. Our radical leaders would rather have government bureaucrats handing out food stamps than business owners handing out paychecks. Here’s what hope and change has gotten us so far: A record 36 million Americans are now on food stamps, including 25% of all children.
- · The government took over 17% of the economy with Obamacare. The government also took over GM, Chrysler, and a large number of banks. There are now more unionized government workers than unionized private sector workers. This is socialism, and it has to stop!
- · The radicals say they will only tax the rich, but if the government was required to balance its budget this year by raising taxes rather than borrowing from our children and from China, they would have to tax 100% of the income of everyone making $75,000 or more. The radicals in Washington will eventually obliterate the middle class in order to implement socialism.
This is serious business. We are facing the biggest political crisis in America since the Civil War. On November 2nd, we are going to choose the future identity of our country. Our domestic enemies will vote for more socialism, bigger government, end-runs around the Constitution, bailing out failed businesses and irresponsible people, amnesty for illegal immigrants, and weakness abroad. We patriots are going to vote for free markets, limited government, the rule of law based on the U.S. Constitution, personal responsibility, secure borders, and a strong national defense. In other words, we are voting to protect and nurture the American Dream.
The choices we make as a country in the 2010 and 2012 elections will decide everything. If we have not removed Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and the other radicals from office by 2012, then may our children forgive us, and may God have mercy on our souls. If we fail, the America of Jefferson, Adams, Lincoln, and Reagan will no longer exist.
Our mission is clear. In the next two elections, we need to replace Big Government apologists with limited government champions in at least 39 seats in the House, ten seats in the Senate, and one seat in the White House. And then we need to hold every single politician in America accountable to the Constitution, no matter which side of the aisle they sit on.
Month after month and year after year, our elected officials need to hear from us, clearly and loudly, that we will not tolerate backsliding toward Big Government. It does us no good to elect false conservatives and RINO’s who will move us along toward socialism just a little bit slower than the liberals.
The blessings of liberty require eternal vigilance by the people. The Tea Party movement cannot be a passing fad; it must be a continuous way of life that defends our freedom from oppressive government. The Tea Party movement is not just about winning one election; it is about defending liberty and the U.S. Constitution for the rest of time.
I’m wearing my father’s paratrooper wings on my shirt today. These wings are the greatest gift he left me. They remind me that millions of brave men and women in the armed forces have risked their lives to defend America and its principles. We cannot allow the bloodshed of our military heroes to be wasted. Therefore, we must be political heroes. As Reagan said, it is now up to us to save America and to preserve the freedom that our soldiers sacrificed so much for.
To win this political battle, we need to recruit the votes of every like-minded relative, friend, and co-worker. In the name of everything that is exceptional about America, I am challenging you to convince the political fence-sitters to get off their asses and help us rescue America on November 2nd! Convince them that there is nothing more important to do than to join us in this political house cleaning! It all comes down to this. We the People can take a giant step toward saving this country in 17 days. Not Glenn Beck. Not Fox News. Us! You and I! We are going to be the heroes!
And this election is just the beginning. We need to continue our momentum and recruit more and more like-minded Americans into the Tea Party movement. As the years unfold, we need to challenge ourselves and our fellow patriots to become precinct delegates, poll watchers, campaign volunteers, fund raisers, letter writers, e-mail generators, phone callers, and media monitors. We need to be the defenders of liberty and the guardians of our sacred Constitution decade after decade. We need to be the engine of a new America. We patriots need to be the heroes responsible for saving this country!
(If you enjoyed this speech, please consider purchasing the author's new book by clicking on this link to "We've Been Had: How Obama and the Radicals Conned Middle Class America". You can also view the author's Facebook page by clicking on this link to We've Been Had.)